Kidney Kampaign Suggestions
These suggestions were made by the advocates of someone in need and emailed to their friends and family members.
Team Jim met on Sunday and we outlined a comprehensive campaign for our push to find a donor. Below is a list of many different ways you can help. Even if you live out of state you can still help. The living donor can live anywhere. Let us know if you are willing and able to do any of the following. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
- We will launch our You Tube video this Thursday for our weekly update. Look for the link.
- If you are affiliated with a Religious Organization, we can provide you with a packet of information to share with your spiritual community to educate them about the need for organ donors. The LKDN has helped us and has an initiative to reach fraternal and religious organization. http://www.lkdn.org/nDDCampaign/index.html
- If you have any contacts with schools, most have newsletter. We will give you a copy of Jim’s story. They might be interested in writing about Jim’s need.
- Spring To Action - Rally and Canvassing Campaign (Share Your Spare Day) will take place in March and April. If you would like to help organize this event contact us and we will provide more information and materials.
- We have large Sandwich Boards tell Jim’s story. If anyone would be willing to volunteer there time to walk a high traffic area wearing the sandwich board we will discuss the details. This has been successful for others.
- We want to advertise on a Billboard. If anyone has contacts with people who own those advertising billboards.
- Any Radio, Television or Print contacts would be of help. If you know a journalist they might want to do a story about Jim. There are stories written every day about someone’s need.
- Let us know if you want to staff a Jim Table at a local event. religious function, farmers market, art fair etc.
- If you know Jim and can Write a 2 paragraph story/article about him we will post it on our website.
- Do you have any connections with a celebrity that uses Facebook or Twitter? Some have posted a fans need to the thousands that follow their tweets. This has been very successful way in getting the word out.
- If you have any Airport Advertising contacts we would like to explore them.
- If you belong to a Health Club and would be willing to ask them to display our information we can get you a packet of info and a flyer that we developed.
- The flyer we have can be displayed on any public bulletin board. Libraries, coffee shops, Starbuck has one and any other locations that have a bulletin board.
- Flash Mob - if you have any interest in organizing a flash mob with the Rolling Stones theme song we are using and film it.
Also, there's information on the LKDN home page, www.LKDN.org about developing a Kidney Kampaign…and click on the link to a recording of a recent webinar, I'm sure you'll find the information helpful.Follow us on Facebook…we post articles and other information that you should find helpful. You could also post any questions that you have….and feel free to join in on the conversations when you can help others.
Click here for a printable version of this page.