Developing your Kidney Kampaign
The following information is a resource for you to learn more about living kidney donation and to help you get the word out about your need for a kidney transplant. This site will also be a good resource for your “advocates” - the friends and family members who want to help you in your journey. You will receive information about:
- Educating you about living kidney donation.
- Provide you with information you could share with others who want to learn more about being a living donor.
- Help you develop a communications plan on how to let your family members and friends know about your situation. When communicating your need you won’t be “asking” someone to donate, you will be telling your story.
- How to utilize social media to help spread the word.
- Make available information to your friends and family members who have indicated an interest in helping you spread the word.
If you would like to learn more about the Living Kidney Donors Network and LKDN Founder, Harvey Mysel click HERE.
When you are developing your Kidney Kampaign it will be helpful if you set up a website, and Facebook page. A Facebook page and website each have different functions in the way they provide information and to spread the word about your need. If you’re not familiar with Facebook, your page will show all the updates you post on it. Each time you post an update it will automatically appear on the pages of those who have “Liked” your page. In addition, people can “Share” your posts so that all of their friends see the posts as well.
Having a website will allow you to provide more information for those who would like to learn more about your situation. To see a website that was developed for this purpose, go to: www.harveyskidneykampaign.com.
If you don’t have a Facebook page, click HERE to learn how to set one up. To see Facebook page examples, type, “need a kidney transplant,” in the search bar at the top of your Facebook page. You could learn a lot by looking at other Facebook pages.
To develop your web page you’ll have to reserve a website name and find a web hosting company. The name I used was: HarveysKidneyKampaign.com. Do a Google search for “web hosting.” Most of these companies will allow you to register the domain name and set up hosting. In addition, most of them will have templates that allow you to build your site. Costs for registering a domain name range from $3.00 - $15.00 a year and website hosting ranges from $6.00 - $10.00 a month.
Feel free to go to the website that I developed. www.HarveysKidneyKampaign.com You’ll notice the many links I have to provide those who are interested with additional information about living kidney donation. I’ve included all of the documents I used below. Feel free to copy this information and include it on your website.
To learn more about navigating the web, Facebook and other social media outlets click HERE.
TO GET STARTED ON YOUR KIDNEY KAMPAIGN – Click HERE
How Do I Tell Someone That I Need a Kidney Transplant?” Click HERE
Here’s additional information on developing your Kidney Kampaign and documents that you could use:
- Benefits of Living Donation, Click HERE
- Kidney Paired Exchanges, Click HERE
- An Overview of Living Kidney Donation Click HERE
- Who Can Be a Living Kidney Donor & How are they Evaluated? Click HERE
- Top 10 Questions asked by Living Kidney Donors. Click HERE
- Myths about Living Kidney Donation. Click HERE