Tuesdays with … April 11, 2016
Here’s your Tuesdays with…. update for those in need of a kidney transplant and their advocates. You could use the following information and email to family members, friends and post on your Facebook page and other social media outlets. You could also include additional information about your health, progress and other activities. If this is your first Tuesdays with… update, click here to learn how to use Tuesdays with… to expand on your Kidney Kampaign.
Recently there have been many articles written about medical advances that could provide kidneys for all those in need. The consensus is that these options will not be available for at least 10 or 15 years. It’s good to read about these possibilities, but the best option available for me is a kidney from a living donor.
Here are a few of the possibilities:
- Pig to human transplant: http://www.nature.com/news/new-life-for-pig-to-human-transplants-1.18768
- Possibility of growing kidneys: http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/lab-grown-kidneys-shown-work-animal-models
- Frozen Rabbit Kidneys Could Solver Organ Shortage: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2081623-frozen-rabbit-kidneys-could-solve-organ-shortage-for-transplants/
- Another way to grow kidneys in a lab: http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/lab-grown-kidneys-shown-work-animal-models
- Report Breakthrough in Growing Kidneys from Stem Cells: http://www.healthline.com/health-news/scientists-report-breakthrough-in-growing-kidneys-from-stem-cells-092315
Can you suggest another way to let others know about your need? Please share it with us by Clicking Here and we will include in in a future Tuesdays With... update.
If you know someone else in need of a kidney transplant or would like to pass this on to your doctor or a dialysis/transplant social worker please provide him or her with this link:
Until next week, we wish you the best in your journey.