Tuesdays with … May 26, 2014
Here’s your Tuesdays with…. update for those in need of a kidney transplant and their advocates. You could use the following information and email to family members, friends and post on your Facebook page and other social media outlets. You could also include additional information about your health, progress and other activities. If this is your first Tuesdays with… update, click here to learn how to use Tuesdays with… to expand on your Kidney Kampaign.
The word choice brings a lot of meaning to me on my quest to find a kidney donor. I frequently think to myself:
- Should I tell someone I know I am seeking a kidney donor?
- Should I tell someone I have just met I am seeking a kidney donor?
- Should I ask the person I know to share my story?
- Should I inquire with the person I know if they know anyone who would be willing to test to be my kidney donor?
- Should I request the person I just met to share my story and/or ask if they know anyone who would be sincere in their intentions to donate a kidney to me?
- Should I post on my Facebook page, my Twitter account, blog and any other free social media format about my journey in trying to find a kidney donor?
The answer to all of my “should I” questions is yes, yes, and yes again. Why? I am making a choice to share my story so I can be successful in identifying a potential donor.
You too can make a choice to assist me. Whether you test to be my donor and/or you choose to share my story, your choice(s) are greatly appreciated and I can’t say thank you enough for the choice and commitment you are making to help me.
(You could also provide some info about your health, dialysis, your energy level, something you and your family are doing together or an experience you’ve had at the transplant hospital.)
I am very grateful for the continued support I’m receiving from family members and friends and will continue to keep you up to date on my progress.
Can you suggest another way to let others know about your need? Please share it with us by Clicking Here and we will include in in a future Tuesdays With... update.
If you know someone else in need of a kidney transplant or would like to pass this on to your doctor or a dialysis/transplant social worker please provide him or her with this link:
Until next week, we wish you the best in your journey.